The Pearson Marang Education Trust (PMET) was established to pursue education excellence through supporting best practice solutions to improve teaching and learning outcomes within challenging, under-resourced and disadvantaged contexts in South Africa. PMET's purpose is to contribute to the education community through direct provisioning of professional development and support and bursaries for public benefit in partnership with the Department of Basic Education.
For more information about the Pearson Marang Education Trust, please contact the Trust Director, Dr Veronique Genniker at email@example.com
THE TRUST'S CURRENT PROGRAMS ARE:
A School Development and District Partnership Programme in 6 provinces
District Partnership Programme (DPP)
Launched in 2012, the DPP is an initiative that adopts a holistic approach towards school improvement. The DPP, capacitates district officials to enable under-performing schools to become steadily achieving schools capable of sustainable development. Through the mediation of existing Department of Basic Education policies, the DPP enables district officials together with school management teams and teachers to implement their roles and responsibilities with accountability.
The DPP also includes:
- Annual National Leadership and Exchange Seminar to foster professional networking between provinces
- Annual Provincial Symposium where district officials share their best practices
Innovations we are proud of:
- The identification of seemingly obvious, yet overlooked contextual solutions to complex problems
- The provision of simple and affordable solutions to these complex problems
- Mediation of existing policies, so as to best enable their meaningful and sustainable implementation
- The understanding that the most effective way to mediate new practices is to model them consistently
- The knowledge that mediating change requires simultaneous personal and professiona development
A CTI/MGI Undergraduate Bursary Programme
Launched in 2014, in partnership with the Midrand Graduate Institute (MGI) and CTI Education Group, the PMET, MGI I CTI Undergraduate Bursary Programme is available to qualifying grade 12 learners from all SSDP high schools.
Offering fully funded tertiary study opportunities for any MGI / CTI undergraduate courses, the bursary also provides placement programmes with access to competitive employment opportunities.
A Masters Scholarship Programme
The Pearson Marang Education Trust is passionate about making a valued and sustainable contribution towards improving the quality of education in South Africa. The establishment of our Masters Scholarship Programme enabled us to further enrich disadvantaged students' lives.
The Programme provided 2 scholarships every 24 months; allowing students to achieve their Masters in Education and in doing so, make a positive impact on the number of postgraduate professionals in 2008 - 2014.