Certified Ethical Hacker
The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) programme is the core of the most desired information security training system any information security professional will ever want to be in. The CEH is the first of a 3 part EC-Council Information Security Track which helps you master hacking technologies. You will become a hacker, but an ethical one! Throughout the CEH course, you will be immersed in a hacker's mindset, evaluating not just logical, but physical security.
CEH is an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited programme. It is also mapped to the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE) “Protect and defend” workforce framework.
The CEH, recognised by the United States Department of Defense, is the world’s most advanced programme of its kind. It is designed to help you master all the hacking technologies you need to combat cybercrime. You will be taught about key issues plaguing the information security world, incident management processes and how to test penetration.
This course will significantly benefit security officer auditors, security professionals, site administrators, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of their network infrastructure.
A Certified Ethical Hacker v9 (ANSI certificate is awarded after writing the Certified Ethical Hacker exam 312-50 that may be taken on the last day of the training (optional). Students need to pass the online exam to receive CEH certification. The 4 hour exam consists of 125 multiple choice questions. A pass mark of 70% is required.
CEH version 9 consists of 18 core modules designed to facilitate a comprehensive ethical hacking and penetration testing training.
- Introduction to ethical hacking
- Footprinting and reconnaissance
- Scanning networks
- System hacking
- Malware threats
- Social engineering
- Denial of service
- Session hijacking
- Hacking web servers
- Hacking web applications
- SQL injection
- Hacking wireless networks
- Hacking mobile platforms
- Evading IDS, firewalls and honeypot
- Cloud computing
- Key issues plaguing the information security world, incident management process, and penetration testing
- Various types of footprinting, footprinting tools, and countermeasures
- Network scanning techniques and scanning countermeasures
- Enumeration techniques and enumeration countermeasures
- System hacking methodology, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and covering tracks
- Working of viruses, virus analysis, computer worms, malware analysis procedure, and countermeasures
- Different types of Trojans, Trojan analysis, and Trojan countermeasures
- Packet sniffing techniques and how to defend against sniffing
- Engineering techniques, identify theft, and social engineering countermeasures
- DoS/DDoS attack techniques, botnets, DDoS attack tools, and DoS/DDoS countermeasures
- Various cloud computing concepts, threats, attacks, and security techniques and tool
- Session hijacking techniques and countermeasures
- Different types of webserver attacks, attack methodology, and countermeasures
- Different types of web application attacks, web application hacking methodology, and countermeasures
- SQL injection attacks and injection detection tools
- Wireless encryption, wireless hacking methodology, wireless hacking tools, and wifi security tools
- Mobile platform attack vector, android vulnerabilities, jailbreaking iOS, windows phone 8 vulnerabilities, mobile security guidelines, and tools
- Firewall, IDS and honeypot evasion techniques, evasion tools, and countermeasures
- Different types of cryptography ciphers, Public
- Key Infrastructure (PKI), cryptography attacks, and cryptanalysis tools
- Various types of penetration testing, security audit, vulnerability assessment, and penetration testing roadmap
Registration is open.
19th June 2018 - 23rd June 2018
08h00 – 16h00
Early bird R10 000 for one student (Till 31 May 2018).
R15 000 for one student.
R28 600 for two students.
R13 500 for 6 or more students.
R 500 off for each successful referral.
The Certified Ethical Hacker(CEH) program is endorsed by the Institute of Chartered IT Professionals and leads to a professional designation.