This is an exciting collection of dramas containing the winning drama, Seventh Moon by Cecilia du Toi and finalists, Plettervat by Braam van der Vyfer and Woesklip by Maretha Maartens.
- Cecilia du Toit – Sewende maan (Afrikaans
- Braam van der Vyfer – Plettervat (Afrikaans
- Maretha Maartens – Woesklip ((Afrikaans
Against all odds and other short plays is an exciting new collection that contains the winning play, A change of mind by Karina Magdalena Szczurek and the finalists, The locket by Richard Street and Sugar daddies rot your teeth by Mark Scheepers.
- Karina Magdalena Szczurek – A change of mind (English winner)
- Richard Street – The locket (English finalist)
- Mark Scheepers – Sugar daddies rot your teeth (English finalist)
Athini Watu - Inkintsela YaseMontana (IsiXhosa)
This winning play about boys who get involved in crime is a pleasure to read and learners will identify with many of the characters. This is Watu’s first publication.
Ditlabonyane is a collection that includes Maahlamela’s winning play, O jelwe ke aretse about Mmamokebe, the girl who disappeared without a trace, and the finalists Lebotse’s play Mphago wa mogopolo on the topic of poverty which leads to crime.
- Tebogo David Maahlamela - O jelwe ke aretse (Sepedi winner)
- Martin Kwapeng Lebotse - Mphago wa mogopolo (Sepedi finalist)
Petras T Jele - Ngicela Ningicolele (Siswati)
This winning play about a man who abuses his wife and children is full of suspense.
The following titles were not published but Pearson would like to acknowledge the winners and finalists for their achievements:
- Sipho R Kekezwa – Umxhesho (IsiXhosa finalist)
- Sipho R Kekezwa - Ubomi! Ungancama! (IsiXhosa finalist)
- Sovumani Kazimkhona Mahlangu - Ungayenza Njani Into Enjalo (IsiNdebele winner)
- Sovumani Kazimkhona Mahlangu - Abantu Bazokuthini (IsiNdebele finalist)
- Mbongeni C Nzimande - Ngiyokubuza Ekugcineni (IsiZulu winner)
- Dumisani D. Hlatshwayo - Ngixolele Mngani (IsiZulu finalist)
- Jeffrey V. Gumede - Hlambuluka Mthethwa (IsiZulu finalist)
- Kgoeli Ezekiel Phlosi – Modiehi (Sesotho winner)
- Morena Sello Tsie - Bophelo Ke Thuto – Thuto Ke Bophelo (Sesotho finalist)
- Letia Jeanette Gabonnwe - Motho Ke Motho Ka Batho Ba Bangwe (Setswana winner)
- Othusitse Moses Lobelo - O Se Bone Thola Borethe (Setswana finalist)
- Dumisani Magagula - Ngubani Indlalifa? (Siswati finalist)
- Hednar Rudzani Tshianane - Murunzini Wa Zwililo (Tshivenda winner)
- Rudzani Mafhege - Zwone Ndi Hezwi (Tshivenda finalist)
- Maswole Netshirando - Ndila I Na Mipfa (Tshivenda finalist)
- Masocha Lubisi – Nwananga (Xitsonga winner)
- Masocha Lubisi – E-E! (Xitsonga finalist)