Enhance your students’ learning experience
At Pearson, we understand that technology offers lecturers a great opportunity to inspire, motivate and engage students to enhance their learning experience. So we offer ICT in Education - a competency-based professional development programme for lecturers.
Our ICT in Education course is accredited by the Media, Information and Communication Technologies (MICT) SETA.
Our ICT training is designed to enable you to effectively:
• Integrate Technology into the classroom.
• Engage with all types of learners.
• Match course material to students’ individual learning needs.
• Add value to assessments, making them more effective and varied.
ICT Course Overview
Our training is divided into 2 modular courses, both of which can be customized to meet the individual needs of lecturers or Colleges if required.
To experience the full benefit of the training, all modules of both courses should be undertaken in the recommended sequence.
Each ICT in Education module provides 6 hours (1 day) of training.
Course 1 ICT in Education (Introduction)
- Module 1 Introduction to technology as a teaching and learning tool
- Module 2 Word-processing software as a teaching and learning tool
- Module 3 Presentation software as a teaching and learning tool
- Module 4 Spreadsheet and drawing software as a teaching and learning tool
- Module 5 The Internet as a teaching and learning tool
- Module 6 Managing a classroom that includes technology
Course 2 ICT in Education (Intermediate)
- Module 1 The Internet as a collaborative teaching and learning tool
- Module 2 Online professional resources for teaching and learning
- Module 3 Wikis as a collaborative teaching and learning tool
- Module 4 Using audio and video technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Module 5 Leveraging technology tools to improve student assessment
- Module 6 Using tablets to enhance teaching and learning
Course 3: ICT's for Leaders - Leading and Driving the Change (Advanced)
- Module 1: Elements of Change and the eMaturity framework
- Module 2: Benefits of ICT's
- Module 3: Monitoring and Evaluating ICT's in the classroom
- Module 4: Coaching and Mentoring staff
Watch the video on our ICT in Education course.
Download the ICT in Education brochure
To learn more about our ICT in Education course, please contact your Key Account Manager or phone our Customer Services team on 021 532 6008