ICT in Education provides competency-based professional development on the effective integration of technology into the classroom.
A range of courses are available – from a general overview of ICT in education to a more in-depth focus on aspects of technology in education. Using technology, participants will learn how to design effective lessons that maximise content learning and build collaboration within the classroom and beyond.
Who should attend
All lecturers wanting to enhance the classroom experience for their students and increase learning success.
What you will learn
- Skills on how to integrate various forms of ICT in the classroom, from basic to advanced.
- Techniques on how to engage students and enhance lessons through ICT.
- How to use technology tools to improve student assessment.
- To expand communication and information access in the classroom.
- How to organise both classroom and lessons to incorporate technology.
- Each course offers 1 full day of training.
- Lecturers can customise their learning according to their needs and can register for individual courses.
Course 1: ICT in Education (Introduction)
- Module 1: Introduction to technology as a teaching and learning tool
- Module 2: Word-processing software as a teaching and learning tool
- Module 3: Presentation software as a teaching and learning tool
- Module 4: Spreadsheet and drawing software as a teaching and learning tool
- Module 5: The Internet as a teaching and learning tool
- Module 6: Managing a classroom that includes technology
Course 2: ICT in Education (Intermediate)
- Module 1: The Internet as a collaborative teaching and learning tool
- Module 2: Online professional resources for teaching and learning
- Module 3: Wikis as a collaborative teaching and learning tool
- Module 4: Using audio and video technology to enhance teaching and learning
- Module 5: Leveraging technology tools to improve student assessment
- Module 6: Using tablets to enhance teaching and learning
Course 3: ICT for Leaders - Leading and Driving the Change (Advanced)
- Module 1: Elements of Change and the eMaturity framework
- Module 2: Benefits of ICT
- Module 3: Monitoring and Evaluating ICT in the classroom
- Module 4: Coaching and Mentoring staff
Contact your Key Account Manager to learn more.