Teaching–Learning Dynamics is a field-leading teacher education textbook used by student teachers and beginner teachers across South Africa. Prescribed by a range of institutions, it successfully explores the sometimes complex interface between teaching and learning within the South African context.
This fifth edition has been enhanced with:
• updated content to bring it into line with the Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) and other recent South African curriculum policy changes
• a new chapter on the theoretical foundations of teaching and learning
• a new chapter on using media in the classroom
• a reviewed chapter on assessment
• up-to-date perspectives on the challenges classroom practitioners face, along with pragmatic solutions.
New features include:
• a fresh, reader-friendly design and format
• chapter flowcharts, ‘need to know’ key terms and definitions for each chapter
• margin notes summarising or further explaining important information
The aim of this book is to support and empower both students and teachers with as many practical resources as possible, including lesson plans, assessment tools, lesson transcripts, shorter and extended examples, case studies and more.